Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What I Learned...

I learned that I can completely pick up and move somewhere and be successful.

I learned that it's ok to hike by myself--I actually kind of enjoy it.

I learned that I still prefer to hike with other people, especially our Y boys.

I learned that when you lock someone in the bathroom, be fully prepared to have toilet paper taped to the back of your pants while you are helping someone else out.

I learned that badgers, bats, and people can all cohabit the same house, but that option is never actually preferred.

I learned that it's ok to slow down.

I learned that I don't have to stress myself out about music--it's better to enjoy and love it rather than force it.

I learned that if you wait too long for things to happen, you run out of time.

I learned that it is possible to make potentially-life-long friends in new situations.

I learned that there are some people who feel like you've known them your life from the moment you meet.

I learned that there is life beyond the Internet and cell phones.

I learned the best place to get Cinnamon Rolls is Glen Haven, CO.

I learned who the people I will most likely be keeping in touch with after college are.

I learned that people need to camp safely away from standing dead trees and that bear canisters are required across the park.

I learned it's not always easy to work with different personality types, but it's not hard to be accepting--it might not be the way you would do something or act, but it's ok if someone else does.

I learned to push myself through tough situations.

I learned I can hike over 200 miles in a summer.

I learned that in a nature v. Megan match, nature will usually win.

I learned that hiking with Sasquatches will end up with me on the ground at some point during the hike, often with a sprained knee.

I learned to be patient, especially when climbing mountains.

I learned that life goes on without me in the places I leave so I need to use that and make a conscious decision about life after college and my future location.

I learned that I need to keep a calendar so I don't miss events like my mom's birthday or father's day.

I learned that llamas are smarter than people give them credit for.

I learned that Roxanne enjoys driving at 12,000+ feet.

I learned that I LOVE bluegrass music.

I learned that I enjoy dancing when the guys know what they are doing.

I learned that people respect others in uniform, but also assume they know everything about anything.

I learned that distance relationships aren't even worth trying if both people aren't completely committed.

I learned that it is possible for me to not stress out during the day if my bed isn't made in the morning.

I learned that I enjoy exercising in the morning.

I learned that I would have loved a big sister and/or brother, but "pseudos" work too.

I learned that the staff at Casa Bonita don't appreciate our staff playing Hide-and-Seek in their restaurant.

I learned that the proper word for the people who question when deer turn into elk and then moose is "touron."

I learned that it's fun to be a touron too every once in a while.

I learned that there really are no UFOs in Estes Park, CO, despite what Scott told Dispatch.

I learned that the longer you are away from people and places, the easier it is to forget about them, but then the more you realize you missed them once they are back in your life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment